Zonulin is a protein that is synthesized in intestinal cells and liver cells. It is a key biomarker for intestinal permeability and is the only regulator of intestinal permeability that is reversible.
Zonulin is one of three ways the FIT test can diagnose a leaky gut, along with finding a sensitivity to Candida and multiple Food Sensitivities. It is estimated that anywhere between 50 and 100 percent of food intolerance sufferers have increased intestinal permeability.
How it works:
1. Place your order
2. We drop-ship a finger stick test kit.
3. Watch the video included with the test on how to properly perform a finger stick (in the document you get with the order).
4. Ship the stick to the test lab
5. Get your results in about 10 business days - with a detailed report.
6. Includes a 30 minute consult with one of our health coaches to discuss the results.
6. Optional: Order a consult with Dr. Lewis or one of his health coaches to help you mitigate any allergies noted.
Zonulin Test for Intestinal Permeability
Failure to show or cancel/reschedule an appointment with at least 24 hours notice will result in a $25.00 fee.
If you need to cancel your appointment and reschedule, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with 24 hour notice.